Review: The sun and her flowers by rupi kaur

 Rupi's  book Milk and Honey was a breakout hit. So to say readers were hungry for a follow up book is an understatement. I was a little nervous about this book. I loved M & H so much I was worried my expectations wouldn't match the content. 
It was an unecessary worry. The most amazing thing about this book is how truly it is Rupi's work. She writes about what is dear to her. She has not changed for commercal success. 
That means some of these poems can cover dark trigger warning moments.  
I applaud Rupi's bravery and er strength. There are alos moments of light and beauty in this book that leap of the page and warm your heart.
A really nice book. If gifting be sure that the receiver can handle the emotional depths of this book.  Here is one of my favorite poems from the collection:

Comments

Popular Posts